About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Indoor climbing session - a bit of training

This evening despite being pretty tired after work, I decided to put Dave McLeod's advice into practice and go try some problems.  I have been reading '9 out of 10 climbers make the same mistakes', and one of the key messages I got from it was that really good climbers try harder, more often and for longer than other climbers.  This was also a message I picked when listening to Pete Robins run through his talk for the upcoming Llanberis Mountain Film Festival.  Pete's talk was quite inspiring as he spoke about something I think all of us can relate to - how to break out of a performance plateau.  I wont spoil it for you - come to Llamff and listen!

Anyway, returning to my wall session, I tried a variety of problems and resolved to give them just one more go than usual. I also repeated a few that I did manage to do, something I dont normally tend to do.  It was certainly different, and as I keep saying, variety in training is good.  

Tomorrow am biking to work to keep my fitness up for another quick Scottish hit, and I will be back at the wall on Thursday to do some routes.  Monday evening saw me in a yoga class, getting thoroughly stretched and employing intensive concentration and breathing practice.  So a good week fitness wise!

No comments: