About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Thursday 26 February 2009

Imagine

Still making use of the time off from climbing that I am obliged to have the moment. Some research showed that spending time imagining movements (in this study's case a piano sequence) results in the motor cortex (the area responsible for movement in the brain) expanding by the same amount as if the movements had been actually performed. Amazing!

In my case, having small hands, I have always found slopers quite difficult. So part of this week's meditation has been to think back to sloping moves and imagine my hand sticking to them like glue. I'll let you know the results when I get back to climbing! But if it can work for piano playing then there is no reason it cant work for climbing.

So, let your imagination run wild...

No comments: