About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Sunday 26 April 2009

Retreat!

Yesterday I went to Tremadog with a friend and we were lucky enough to miss most of the showers.  However, just as I was leading a pitch at the edge of my ability, the heavens opened and I found myself wondering whether to push on or to reverse.  Given that this is early on in the season, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and reversed the route.  I made this decision thinking that I didnt want to get myself into a situation where I felt out of my comfort zone and given myself a scare this early on, and knowing the route would still be there whe I felt ready for it.  What also paid off was realising I was able to reverse the moves - always a good skill to learn and one I try to practise regularly when I am training.

Hopefully the sun will return next week and I can try the route again!

No comments: