About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Expert Q & A

I was delighted to get a couple of requests this month for psychological advice, which is good news because it shows that people are finally tuning in to the idea of improving your mental skills for climbing.  The first was from Summit magazine, where I provided some answers to questions about the psychological side of climbing, such as how to manage fear, what visualisation is all about, and who could benefit from mental training (answer, everyone, regardless of level of experience or ability!).  The second was a request to run a coaching session for the British Youth Team - unfortunately I am already working on the date they needed me - but what an interesting workshop to run!  I have worked clinically with children and adolescents, and found that they can often be much more willing to try out new ideas than adults!  

Meanwhile, I am trying to take advantage of the sun slowly, as I am beginning finally to feel a bit fitter and getting back to good health.  Off for a boulder in a mo - enjoy the sun:)

No comments: