About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Sunday 6 December 2009

cross training pays

Had a funny week this week, which has meant its been difficult to get to the wall to climb.  Instead, I have managed to squeeze in a run, quick hilly bike ride, dance class, aerobics class and a good stretching session.  How do I feel?  Pretty well worked out all over!  Its good to do something different, exercise different combinations of muscles and give the brain a break from the usual routine. As a result I am itching to get back to climbing next week, although judging by my schedule, it will be the end of the week before thats possible.

This morning saw me in the editing suite with Ray Saunders, recording some audio to go with the film clip which shows exactly what happens on a Smart Climbing weekend.  It was great seeing the footage from the summer, and reflecting on the positive feedback and news I have had from all the participants over the last few months, following on from the course.  With a bit of luck, the clip will be ready by the end of next week, ready for a pre-xmas preview.

So, a hectic week, with no climbing, but where I feel exercised, and motivated to get stuck in again next week :)

No comments: