About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Saturday 12 December 2009

Sunny North Wales

This morning I did a friend a favour and acted as guinea pig for her aerobics instructing exams.  After 2 classes I definitely could feel the burn (!), but with the weather so lovely today I really wanted a climb.

I hooked up with a friend and headed to the RAC boulders near Capel Curig, where the front faces were in full sun.  Having not climbed outside for 2 months, I didnt expect much, but the problems I tried have become so well rehearsed over the years that I had no problem completing them.

Round the back however it was a different matter - no sun and the rock was icy cold, and I quickly had freezing hands and a cold pump - yuk!  If you are like me and have poor circulation, then the common wisdom that friction improves when its cold makes very little odds, as hands and body cool too quickly to make use of it!

Hoping for a bike ride tomorrow morning before the weather closes in again - have been working on my cardio for the last couple of weeks in an effort to get ready for some winter routes.  

Enjoy the sun :)

No comments: