About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Sunday 20 December 2009

Smart Climbing Workshop film clip and photos

 Its been an exciting weekend!  Firstly, there has been lots of snow, so I dug out my winter boots and went up Elidir Fawr on Saturday.  It was pretty cloudy up top, but it felt good getting out for a walk, and reminded me how much I enjoy the mountains here.

Secondly, the final editing etc has been completed on the DVD clip, filmed during the summer open workshop.  I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part and who so graciously allowed us to film them!  The footage is lovely, and I think conveys the friendly side of the workshop, as well as a taster of the exercises covered.  Also a big thank you to Ray Wood and Ray Saunders, of 2rays Productions for their filming, editing and production. I am really chuffed with the end product.  Click here to view on Vimeo (if you have a fast connection try in HD) or here to view on YouTube (better for iphone or if you have a slower connection).

Thirdly, I am hoping I can link you here to some photos taken by journalist Sarah Stirling who covered the weekend for us.  She wrote a great article about the workshop in Outdoor Enthusiast (see earlier post), and has some lovely photos taken during the weekend.

I will be off skiing for a week on 26/12, so I would like to wish you all a peaceful Christmas break, and happy climbing in 2010.
Rebecca

No comments: