About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Rebecca Williams, a dual qualified clinical psychologist and climbing instructor. Smart Climbing is a holistic approach to developing your climbing, and we weave yoga, technique, and ropework together with psychological knowledge to give a very different sort of climbing workshop. I'm based in Snowdonia where we run the open workshop, but can travel to you for private courses.

Monday 4 January 2010

Beautiful North Wales

If only I was technologically up-to-date enough to have a digital camera!  Then I could show you the stunning view I found today at the top of Elidir Fawr, made all the more worthwhile by thrashing up through deep snow!

It was one of those days which makes you feel glad to be alive.  The sun was high, the sky clear and for miles in most directions, white peaks.  I sat at the top and just soaked up the view.

On the way over to Carnedd Y Filiast, small details grabbed my attention.  The curves in the snow made by the wind.  The square icicles on the wire fence.  The odd blades of grass poking through the snow.

What has this got to do with climbing?  Absolutely nothing, except as a reminder to do the things you love.  I think I can use the images I absorbed today to help me relax at times of stress, and the exercise did me good no doubt, but mostly, just being in such a beautiful place felt good for the soul.

I hope you can get out walking too :)

No comments: